Welcome to oddsandsorts. Your visit is much appreciated!
Quick points about me:
- My name is Dawn
- I live on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, NY
- I am married and my husband is not only my #1 fan but also my Editor in Chief
- I have a cat called Poo who has more names than I have fingers and toes – (little bunny, boo boo, stuffy, stinker butt or buns)
- I am an expert on growing up in pure chaos, a poet, speaker, volunteer, entrepreneur, social scientist, creative soul, brownie batter lover, traveler and novice photographer
Why I started this blog – oddsandsorts:
- I needed a creative outlet and I wanted to improve as a writer/poet
- I also wanted to see if I could start up and stick with a blog – so far so good
What you can expect when you visit:
- Poetry, musings, hand crafted illustrations and hopefully something that will inspire a smile
New Blog Alert – Growing Up Chaotic – http://www.growingupchaotic.wordpress.com
Dawn – what’s this – Growing up Chaotic all about?
I was raised in a home that was drenched in dysfunction. All 4 of my parents abused alcohol and as a result A LOT of physical, emotional and mental abuse was dumped on my lap.
Today, I am very proud to EXCLAIM that I have survived my upbringing and have gone on to thrive in my life.
I hope to help others with similar experiences do the same by providing – Inspiration, Hope and Guidance.
You can follow me on Twitter @grwngupchaotic
To learn more visit and follow the Growing up Chaotic blog at
Any questions for me? I would love to hear from you – please leave a comment below!